Thursday, August 26, 2010

Random Thoughts

A young man came into my Archaeology class yesterday about ten minutes before the lecture started. He asked the class permission to preach a short sermon. He was so passionate and sincere. I was amazed!!!! Some of the students listened, some continued to talk. At the end, he pled with people to come to Christ and left his phone number and room number. I thought to myself, that would NEVER happen in the States.

It is also fascinating seeing men walk hand in hand down the street and feeling each others heads in an affectionate manner. I think it is so nice seeing these displays of affection among men and there is a closeness among Ghanians that I've never felt in the U.S.

I'm getting used to people staring at me all the time. I think the combination of being foreign and the fact that I'm older (on campus) leads alot of people to be curious. It was a bit unnerving at first, but I've gotten used to it and take it in stride as part of this great experience i'm having. Ghanians seem naturally reserved, but when you say hello or wave they respond in kind.

I'm settling into this experience. I think after awhile your Soul remembers Africa and you start to relax into this place and you really begin to enjoy your existence here.

No comments:

Post a Comment