Monday, August 16, 2010

It's been Two Weeks


It's been two weeks since we've arrived in Ghana. I am settling into life here. Getting used to living in a dorm, sharing a bathroom, the sounds of 20-somethings outside my door in the evenings, lizards, how to walk on campus and not get hit by a car or fall in a ditch, which are omnipresent in Ghana, the sounds of Twi being spoken everywhere, being stared at like I just arrived from another planet, negotiating for everything (I am getting good at it), some insect or other always biting me, and washing my clothes by hand and hanging them out to dry. When we arrived at the dorm the first day I thought, "surely they can't expect me to live here for the next 10 months," and now it is home.

Yesterday I was sitting and waiting for a class to start and a nice cool breeze came and I thought, I could fall in love with this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment