Monday, August 30, 2010

Joined The Church


Yesterday I became a member of Etherean Mission. Rev. Tetteh asked if anyone wanted to join and I was sure that this will be my church home while I am here in Ghana. It was about eight of us and the Practitioner's layed their hands on each of us and said prayers. They then put some oil on our foreheads and Rev. Tetteh said some words. He said that now as an Etherean, our only weapons in the world are Truth and Love. I was very emotional. They also baptised about twenty people and it reminded me of Saint Peter's Baptist Church, which was the church I attended growing up in New York. I love this church because it is a mixture of New Thought and the old Christian religion that I grew up with, mixed with African Mystical teachings.

At the end of the service everyone sang this beautiful song and hugged each other. I'm getting better with the African songs and I love them. Tisha's friend, Martin, went with me and he really enjoyed himself as well. He said he wanted to come back next week and even go to Wednesday evening service. He showed me some alternate routes on the Tro Tro and I arrived back to campus happy, but very tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment