Friday, August 13, 2010

Random Acts of Kindness

Today I was so frustrated with the registration process that I almost cried. I went to register for a Geology class and was told I have to go to the Science Department to get a form to register. When I Igot there, I was told must go to the International Program office to get a form showing that I've registered for classes. All the way back across campus and back again only to be told that the Student Adviser has to approve the form and I must come back tomorrow. "Come and go" is the phrase that is used. When I sat down on a bench and was so tired, hot, and longing for home, this young lady came up and said good afternoon. She won't ever know how much that meant to me. I will always have empathy for foreigners when I get back to the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment