Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My Taxi Experience


On Sunday I got a taxi back to campus from church and the driver would not give me back my change after we had negotiated a price of 15 cedi. Getting really tired of them jacking up the prices, so it is time to do tro tro's. They are vans that are very inexpensive and cover the entire Accra area and many remote areas. You pay like 1 cedi while the taxi driver was charging me 15-20 cedi for the same ride. It is a tight squeeze, but I'm not about to pay for these expensive taxies everywhere I have to go. I don't have classes on Friday so me and Tisha are going to do a dry run to the church and back to campus.

1 comment:

  1. Taxi drivers do that in Florida as well. We were told it was $40 from the airport to the hotel and we paid almost $70. We had one driver say he wasn't going to turn on the meter and wanted to know how much we would give him for a 5 minute ride. It's amazing how some things are universal.

    ReplyDelete