Wednesday, September 1, 2010

More Random Thoughts

Last night I chaperoned Trish and a young man as they went out for Pizza. We picked it up and returned to the dorm, ate with another student, laughed and had a good time. I am enjoying being around these young people so much. I've always heard that they keep you young and I see why now. Had to intervene and counsel Trish about this young man and I am becoming quite the dorm mom.

My feet have swelled up so bad that it is difficult to wear anything but my sandals. Somehow, I sprained my ankle (I think it was when I was getting out of the Tro Tro this past Sunday), and it has been difficult walking for the past couple of days. I had made an appointment at the health clinic and was returning to my dorm when I ran into this young man I met on campus (one of my other children) and he got this balm from the market and put in on the area and it is feeling a little better. Having to miss out on African dance class and kind of stay off of it for awhile. In Ghana, if you are an older person, you are afforded alot of respect. People call you Mother, hold your packages, hold your hand or arm when crossing a difficult patch of road, and really treat you kindly. I am receiving alot of this treatment since I've been here and I must admit it feels so good!

While walking on campus yesterday, I ran into a gentleman that works at the copy center. When I see a familiar, kind face on campus I get really happy. We stopped to chat for a minute and he asked how I was and I said o.k., though I was not feeling good at all. In usual Ghanian flare he said, "your life is a blessing" and walked away. I smiled the rest of the day thereafter remembering his kind and true words.

The CSU group is going away for the weekend to the Cape Coast Festival. Every region has these seasonal festivals. We are leaving tomorrow, Thursday, and will return on Sunday (I'll be coming back early as I need to be at church on Sunday to start the Foundation Class which I'm so excited about). Anywho, I'll post pictures when I return and let you know all about the festival.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment