Sunday, November 7, 2010

Random Thoughts

There are so many ways in which I see that who I am is not a fit with Ghanaian culture. Once again, a man tried to get in front of me in line. Not only did he jump ahead of me, but there was a long line of people patiently waiting. It is such an affront to me when they do that, and I always have such a viseral reaction to just go off. He pushed his merchandise in front of mine and once again, I pushed my things in front of his. Once again, a nasty stare and disbelief that a woman would challenge what appears to be a common practice here. I don't care how long I'm in Ghana, that will never be o.k. with me. What is the problem with standing in line and waiting your turn just like everyone else? What makes you think you're so special that you can jump in front of everyone else in line? I looked at him and said UNBELIEVABLE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment